Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 24, 2010

Ducks for sale or Rent




I am so excited, My love built me a new feed box this weekend. He said I have to share it with the others. I will of course do just that, like a good little goat.... when he is watching of course.
When he turns his back, all bets are off.
He is such a good man. The only thing that makes me a bit nervous is I see five, count them, five compartments. There are only 4 of us goats, I hope the woman isn't thinking to add another beast to the lot. Of course the last one is smaller, so maybe that's for the little bugger and maybe my love made two compartments just for me, he is so thoughful isn't he?
At first my love put it a bit too high up and the little bugger couldn't reach in, neither could Ms. Clicky Knees. So that made me and ol stinky blue eyes pretty happy. They filled the slots with feed and to my delight the two of us dined our way across, we nearly made it to the end of the line, when the little bugger jumped up on it and promptly dropped a big disgusting pile of goat berries in two of the compartments. Ugh he is so uncouth, so I promptly nailed him to the wall, I mean hey, what is a girl to do.
The cankled beast couldn't reach either, this was good, things seemed to be looking up. Then the woman came down from the house and made my love lower it, so everyone can reach she said. She is such a wretch. That of course doesn't mean Inca and I will have to exactly let them have their way, it just means when my love is around, I will behave.
Anyhow, speaking of reaching they also brought home some new shiny buckets for our water. The woman, who may not be so bright sometimes, professed that our buckets were too tall for us all to drink properly from. She thought that she was being just so darn smart, again let me point out that this is the same broad who sat the cankled beast in the backseat of a her mercedes, letting it muck up the leather for a three hour ride. Anyhow I digress, so it was out with the old in with the new shiny buckets and guess what, trouble came, those pesky little billed mess makers and they stuck their bills in the mud and to their delight they could reach right into our new shiny water buckets, let's now just refer to them as the mud pails.
Apparently they can't swallow unless they have water to chase the feed down their throats, yes I have tucked that bit of knowledge away for future reference I assure you. They eat, then run for a pail of water and scoop up some water and shake the mess down their throats. The problem is that they like to stick their bills in everything, just everything and above all else they especially like the mud and whatever is on their bills ends up in the water, well now MY water. So this is certainly a problem for me. How does one handle such a dilemma, hmmmm, I know, I'm going to put an ad on craigslist!
Let's see....
FREE: Trouble, I suppose cute in some respects, billed monsters, why are we giving them away...oh health problems of course or maybe we are moving, no wait strike that.
FREE: Gourmet Pekin Ducks, to loving homes only. Not for nice sweet juicy roasted duck recipes, you must solemnly swear you won't eat them with boisenberry sauce.
That should take care of it.
Oh are you all wondering about the cankled beast and my ploy of feigning that he attacked me? The woman seemed to know what I was up to as if by osmosis. I fancy myself to be a quite talented thesbian and here I come limping out of the barn, doe eyed, quite pathetic looking if I say so myself. I actually put Ms. Clicky knees to shame and the woman told me to cut the crap. I mean really what's that all about? I don't believe for a moment that she saw through my diabolitical scheme. I can only conclude that someone must have tipped her off or she gained access to my blog. I now have it password protected, so we will make another go of it next weekend when my love is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment